Certifed Medical Assistant
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Summary: The MOA maintains an efficient and smooth functioning office for patients and staff member. Responsible for the retrieval of patient data, maintaining records, scheduling of patients, taking patient vitals, med reconciliation and documenting in the chart.
1. Assists with readiness of medical records for next day's office patients
• Reviews schedule to determine visits
• Assists with pulling of charts
• Collaborates with file clerk to ensure all appropriate test results, dictation, and other information are available on chart prior to appointment time
• Participates in monthly chart review
2. Assists with scheduling appointments for patients
• Schedule’s patients in system according to established guidelines
• Notifies patient of appointment date and time
• schedules radiation teaching appointments with RN
• Verifies accuracy of appointments
• Collaborates with physician in scheduling follow up for inpatients
• Anticipates needs based on schedule
3. Clinical care
• Rooms patients for physician visit
• Takes and documents vitals - height, weight, BP in chart and LANTIS
• Documents updated medication reconciliation and problem list form on every patient
• Witnesses’ patient exams as needed
• assists physician with calling in prescription refills and faxing orders
4. Provides direction and assistance to families and visitors
5. Note physician orders
6. Maintains and updates systems
• Assists with billing for physician visits, injections, scopes, and supplies.
• Provides adequate documentation for billing
8. Assists authorization coordinator with obtaining prior treatment authorizations
• Alerts biller to new treatments or a change in treatment
• Accurately enters physicians’ orders for labs
• Draws lab sample and delivers it to the CCC laboratory or to DIC by 5pm.
10. Answers the phone and directs calls.
• Medical Office Assistant certification required
• Background Clearances as required by Federal and State law
Important COVID message
Please note, Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 123342