Certified Medical Assistant - Full Time
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for preparing patients for office visits and performing clinical duties including physician assistance and laboratory and clinical tests. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
Monday-Friday 7:30am-8pm or 10am-6pm,
Other Possibilities: Sometimes split shifts 8am-2pm or 2pm-8pm
Certification as Medical Assistant by college or technical school required.
High School Diploma or GED required
Completion of a college or technical training program in medical assisting.
Previous experience as a medical assistant required.
Previous experience with office equipment and secretarial duties required.
Associate degree in Allied Health preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Greets patients, answers telephone; conducts minor assessment of patient condition on arrival then generates patient chart and completes billing entry.
- Administers first aid for lacerations and wound care and assists physician with procedures; prepares discharge instructions to review with patient.
- Performs all CLIA waived laboratory testing, associated paperwork and transportation of specimens as well as urine drug screen and breath alcohol testing as needed.
- Assists with emergency situations and notification of Emergency medical Service providers.
- Maintains adequate supplies and linen in exam rooms.
- Files charts, diagnostic results and other reports while reviewing charts, performing patient callbacks as delegated and participating in performance improvement activities.
- Administers medications as ordered by the physician.
- Apply orthopedic splints as ordered by the physician
- Must be able to screen for vision, isihari, snellen, titmus, spirometry, audio and respirator fit testing.
- Must be willing as needed to work onsite inside client companies.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.