Certified Nursing Assistant ER
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Nurse Assistant is accountable for the completion of specific patient care tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Registered Nurse in accordance with the established standards of care.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Nurse Assistant Certificate (preferred)
- Healthcare provider BLS within 90 days of hire
- Clearances as required by law.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES:
- Conveys caring, compassion and respect to patients and significant others during all interactions.
- Receives assignment of specific tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
- Performs basic patient care functions including but not limited to positioning, ambulation, delivery of trays and feeding, skin/hair/mouth care, range of motion and linen changes.
- Completes vital signs accurately, notifies Registered Nurse of vital signs outside designated range.
- Respond to patient call lights and requests from patients and significant others.
- Administers basic treatments/procedures as delegated by the Registered Nurse such as ice bags, K-pads, and CPMs.
- Documents results and completion of assigned responsibilities accurately in the medical record.
- Transports patients to other locations within the Health System via appropriate mode as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Identifies opportunities for clinical performance improvement, communicates these to patient care leaders and actively participates in efforts to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of patient care.
- Responsible for ordering and proper storage of supplies in designated areas.
- Updates the whiteboard with names of caregivers, date, and time at the beginning of the shift.
Important COVID message
Please note, Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 129149