About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
***Certified Nursing Assistant Geri Psych 24hrs/Evenings
Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-acutely ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit.
- Communicate with the RN, any treatment results, observations, patient complaints, and other pertinent information regarding the condition of the patient.
- Demonstrates competence in providing patient care in accordance with established policy and procedure of MHMC.
- Applies knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served i.e. infant, pediatric adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Performs and reports patient care data accurately and according to policy and procedure of MHMC.
- Works in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to provide patient care.
- Assists in maintaining a healthy, clean and safe environment for the patient and staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to changes in the workload or patient assignments.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform in an accurate and precise manner in crisis and emergency situations when time is essential.
- Performs functions of an Observation Assistant when needed
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Current Nursing Assistant Certification
- Current CPR Certification
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Salary Range: $16.33 - $24.26