Certified Nursing Assistant Med Surg
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Nurse Assistant is accountable for the completion of specific patient care tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Registered Nurse in accordance with the established standards of care.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Nurse Assistant Certificate (preferred)
- Healthcare provider BLS within 90 days of hire
- Clearances as required by law.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES:
- Conveys caring, compassion and respect to patients and significant others during all interactions.
- Receives assignment of specific tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
- Performs basic patient care functions including but not limited to positioning, ambulation, delivery of trays and feeding, skin/hair/mouth care, range of motion and linen changes.
- Completes vital signs accurately, notifies Registered Nurse of vital signs outside designated range.
- Respond to patient call lights and requests from patients and significant others.
- Administers basic treatments/procedures as delegated by the Registered Nurse such as ice bags, K-pads, and CPMs.
- Documents results and completion of assigned responsibilities accurately in the medical record.
- Transports patients to other locations within the Health System via appropriate mode as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Identifies opportunities for clinical performance improvement, communicates these to patient care leaders and actively participates in efforts to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of patient care.
- Responsible for ordering and proper storage of supplies in designated areas.
- Updates the whiteboard with names of caregivers, date, and time at the beginning of the shift.
Important COVID message
Please note, Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.