Certified Nursing Assistant -Safe Sitter - 32 hours - 11pm-730am
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
• Under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse assigned, performs a variety of direct patient care activities in caring for the personal needs and comforts of the patient.
• Performs all patient care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
• Functions in the role of assistant to the nursing staff or to the Registered Nurse.
• Performs non-nursing functions which impact and contribute to the quality of patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse.
• Provides and maintains a safe and comfortable environment for the patient:
- Assists patients getting in and out of bed.
- Orients patient to call light and side rails, maintains accessibility and answers call light in a timely fashion.
- Stays with restless patients.
- Assists in the collection of medical data, vital signs.
• Assists the Registered Nurse with specific components of admission, transfer, and discharge of patients:
- Preparation of the unit.
- Transferring patient to bed.
- Assembling patients' belongings.
- Accompanying patients as directed.
• Assists the Registered Nurse with ADLs:
- Partial bed baths, assistance with shower and sit baths, as appropriate for patient.
- Fills water pitchers serves nourishments.
- Records intake and output.
• Assists with collection of specimens.
• Documents vital signs, I&O on appropriate forms.
• Disposes of trash and linen on an ongoing basis.
• May be required to float, within competencies, to other units, as needed.
• Knowledgeable and compliant with infectious diseases policy and procedures:
- Appropriately cares for patients on precautions.
- Uses protective measures as deemed appropriate.
- Separates infectious materials and disposes of them appropriately.
• Complies with Patient Safety goals as set forth by the medical center.
• Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
• Monitor patient requiring constant observation
• Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Must be able to prioritize multiple requests to ensure timeliness and provide exceptional patient care.
• Must possess the skills to be compassionate, empathetic and responsive to the needs of a variety of patients.
• Ability to communicate the English language verbally and in writing with staff and patients
• Ability to complete mathematical computations required to perform treatment protocols.
• Ability to lift, transfer and move patients.
• Education: High School diploma or equivalency.
• Experience: Must possess a minimum of one year experience as a nursing assistant or be a matriculating student in a nursing program and have completed the "Fundamentals of Nursing I & II."
• Certification/Licensure: Must possess a valid Massachusetts Certified Nursing Assistant license or show proof of enrollment in accredited nursing school and completion of the courses "Fundamentals of Nursing I & II." Must possess BLS certification.
• Software/Hardware: Computer experience preferred