Location: Sebastian River Medical Center
Posted Date: 8/22/2022
Assists patients with activities of daily living to non-acutely ill patients. Other duties may include but are not limited to transporting patients and/or "Safety Sitting" any patient on a patient care unit who is deemed to require constant observation in order to maximize safety.
List any license, certification or education required for this job (e.g. driver's license, RN License, HHA Certification, Master's Degree, etc.)
- Current/Active Florida Certified Nursing Assistant License (CNA)
- Education 1: High School Graduate/Equivalent
- Crisis De-escalation training (within 90 days of hire date)
- American Red Cross OR American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR (BLS)
List any license, certification or education preferred for this job (e.g. driver's license, RN License, HHA Certification, Master's Degree, etc.)
- Education 2: Technical School/1 Year College
|Specialized Skills (Required):|
List the minimum specific knowledge and skills necessary to perform this job (e.g., homecare exp., med/surg exp., basic accounting principles/practices, spreadsheets, word processing, etc.)
- Prior hospital experience preferred.
- Successful completion of approved program or equivalent.
- Caring and compassionate behaviors.
- Ability to float between departments.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and writtern) effectively and document information accurately.
- Ability to work with culturaly different individuals i.e.; patients, family members, co-workers, etc.
- Basic computer experience.
- Ability to remain calm in an accute care setting.
- Availability to work flexible hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to lift or move patients using proper techniques.
|Specialized Skills (Preferred):|
List any preferred knowledge and skills necessary to perform this job.
- Prior experience taking care of a patient in hospital setting.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Previous experience using Meditech or other EMR system.
- Basic medical terminoloy.
Sebastian River Medical Center (SRMC), a Steward Family Hospital, nationally recognized facility located along Treasure Coast of Florida, offering high-quality care close to home. Housing over 178 beds, and fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Sebastian River boasts over 100 affiliated physicians, over 650 nursing and ancillary staff. When patients are in need of acute hospital care, Sebastian River provides state-of-the-art technology, as well as comprehensive emergency services and award-winning surgical care.
Sebastian River Medical Center is committed to achieving the highest level of measurable quality and efficiency in the delivery of health care services that are responsive to the needs and values of our patients, physicians, employees, and visitors. Sebastian River Medical Center recently underwent a facility expansion by adding another 46 patient rooms; 3 new Endoscopy Rooms and 6 new Operating Rooms with ability to expand up to 8 Operating Rooms to better serve our community.