At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Responsible to Pharmacy for storage, preparation, collecting data and delivery of medications for patient care areas. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- High school graduate or GED required. Completion of ASHP/ACPE accredited Pharmacy Technician training program resulting in national certification required.
- Registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician issued by the State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy or may enroll in the Trumbull Regional Medical Center pharmacy technician certification offered by Steward University to obtain their PTCB national certification.
- After completion of course employee must register with the State of Ohio as a Certified Pharmacy Technician. Must be completed within six (6) months of date of hire. A valid Ohio Driver’s License and proof of current insurance is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Prepares medications and Intravenous admixtures pursuant to legal regulations and departmental policy and procedure (including chemotherapy, total parenteral nutrition, controlled drug infusions, & other complex parenteral products).
- Receives, checks and stores incoming shipments of medications, hazardous medications, IV solutions, and supplies.
- Performs various functions on pharmacy information systems as assigned.
- Collects statistics and other information as assigned.
- Restocks automated dispensing devices (e.g., Pyxis) accurately and efficiently and maintains all necessary accountability records for controlled substances (including processing of waste and return bins
- Transports medications, IV solutions, supplies, physician orders, etc. between patient care areas and the
- Pharmacy Department as assigned (including ancillary and off-site locations) Assists in the orientation of employees and students.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.