Certified Pharmacy Tech - Per Diem
With 346 beds, the skilled staff at Trumbull Regional Medical Center has been providing quality care for over a century. Trumbull Regional Medical Center serves the health care needs of residents in Trumbull County and nearby communities. Trumbull Regional Medical Center offers a vast scope of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services from emergency, cardiac and critical care to orthopedic, childbirth, and other diagnostic and therapeutic services. A designated Level III Trauma Center; the hospital became the first in Ohio to achieve Chest Pain v5 accreditation, which is the highest-level accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. READ MORE HERE
Guided by our C.A.R.E.S Mission, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is recruiting for the best in class to carry out our principles of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, and Stewardship. Be a Steward
Responsible to Pharmacy for storage, preparation, collecting data and delivery of medications for patient care areas. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
High school graduate or GED required.
Registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician issued by the State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy and a valid Ohio Driver’s License and proof of current insurance is required.
Completion of ASHP/ACPE accredited Pharmacy Technician training program preferred.
After orientation, up to 3 month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Prepares medications and Intravenous admixtures pursuant to legal regulations and departmental policy and procedure (including chemotherapy, total parenteral nutrition, controlled drug infusions, & other complex parenteral products).
- Receives, checks and stores incoming shipments of medications, hazardous medications, IV solutions, and supplies.
- Performs various functions on pharmacy information systems as assigned.
- Collects statistics and other information as assigned.
- Restocks automated dispensing devices (e.g., Pyxis) accurately and efficiently and maintains all necessary accountability records for controlled substances (including processing of waste and return bins
- Transports medications, IV solutions, supplies, physician orders, etc. between patient care areas and the
- Pharmacy Department as assigned (including ancillary and off-site locations) Assists in the orientation of employees and students.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.