Certified Recreation Therapist - Full Time - Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital
Responsible to Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Rehabilitative Services for planning and implementing recreational therapy programs. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Plans, develops and implements therapeutic recreation programs for assigned case load.
- Communicates and collaborates with other team members.
- Documents results of patient assessment/treatment according to Medical Record Department policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements evening/weekend programs.
- Contributes to hospital wide adaptive sports programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in science with concentration in Therapeutic Recreation required. After orientation, up to three month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions and to handle emergency situations. Previous experience as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge in professional area and in recreation therapy. Knowledge of regulatory, legislative and JCAHO standards related to recreation therapy. Demonstrates knowledge of ATRA Guidelines, standards, and ethics. Follows NCTRC Guidelines for annual requirements that lead to 5 year certification renewal.