Certified Revenue Cycle Associate
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
The Certified Revenue Cycle Analyst will work collaboratively with the Coding manager as part of the Central Business Office, HIM team to resolve OP claims in N Thrive. Provide recommendations to coders and HIM on resolution of Coding & Non-Coding related edits following NCCI and Coding Guidelines
- Works within the Centralized Business Office and Coding manager in processing Unbilled Xclaim edits.
- Review and Resolve Unbilled Claims in N Thrive
- Work with coding leadership to resolve coding edits
- Work with the hospital departments & HIM leadership to clear non-Coding edits and reduce denials
- Work Conflicting HCPCS reports
- Assist in Clean Claim Analysis
- Work collaboratively with leadership to reduce DNFB
- Keep current with NCCI and coding guidelines
- Fosters partnerships with coding and Facility HIM leadership
- Complies with facility policies and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Minimum coding certification of CPC, CCS, COC or RHIT
- Minimum 3 years of strong edit resolution background
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong interpersonal/public relations skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers in a diverse environment.
- Ability to establish priorities effectively.
- Experience: Prior work experience in outpatient coding edit resolution with knowledge of CCI, OCE, NCCI and LMRP
- Certification/Licensure: AHIMA or AAPC coding credential
- Technical: Meditech and Xclaims/NThrive experience preferred