Certified Surgical Tech
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, Surgical Services, and the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Certified Surgical Technologist is responsible for providing surgical scrub on all types of minor and major surgical procedures dependent on individual competencies.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certification in Operating Room Technology and Surgical First Assist
- Current verification of competency in cardiopulmonary resuscitation for all age groups served, including pediatric resuscitation.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.