Charge Nurse ICU/CCU(7a-7p Day shift)
JOB SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Director, renders professional guidance to other staff in accordance with standards of practice in order to effectively manage department responsibilities. Represent leadership to ensure quality work is consistent with St. Joseph Medical Center goals and objectives, and is provided according to various regulatory Agency Standards. Maintains staffing congruent with a described delivery system reflective of hospital standards.
Responsible for supervising, directly subordinate non-exempt technical and support personnel.
- Assists Director with personnel in assigned unit to ensure provision of effective, efficient work in accordance with established standards.
- Renders professional work performance. Performs both complex and routine duties as required.
- Utilizes knowledge and skills of unit and department resource personnel in planning and implementing duties of department, and resolving complex problems. Assists leaders in communicating issues and coordinating performance expectations.
- Communicates with other Hospital departments, as necessary, in order to resolve operational problems and make most effective use of Hospital resources.
- Reviews staff abilities and makes staff assignments based on needs. Has authority to change staffing assignments, to include hours and location to meet staffing demands as they determine and in collaboration with department leadership when appropriate.
- Charge staff may determine tasks to be performed by each staff member during the shift and has responsibility to take corrective action when necessary to address or prevent adverse consequences, to include all levels of disciplinary action or assignment changes.
- Demonstrates use of critical thinking skills in managing a crisis/emergency to prevent deterioration of situations. Initiate accurate and ongoing assessment of physical, psychological and social needs of all persons.
- Consults with appropriate points of contact to provide interdisciplinary approach to meet staffing needs. Manages schedule and control in the department. Communicates with other departments as required and in timely manner.
- Serves a resource to staff and may provide training and/or orientation.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.