Charge Nurse RN - Telemetry
Under the general direction of the Telemetry Clinical Director, the Charge Nurse of Telemetry will be responsible for the clinical coordination, planning and continuous Performance Improvement of all unit activities on a 24-hour basis. This role encompasses, but is not limited to:
- Education, clinical skills, staffing, research, and competency evaluation (clinical and age specific) of employees.
- Provides clinical direction for the specific nursing unit. To provide leadership on the definition, development, and growth of nursing practice within the unit and throughout the community.
- Ensures adherence to standards in the Telemetry on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and the Department of Nursing Standards with collaboration of the Chief Nursing officer in unusual situations.Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual member of nursing staff with a focus on promoting clinical competence in the provision of the Telemetry nursing care services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s of Nursing degree required, or working towards a Bachelors or Master’s Degree in nursing within six (6) months of hire.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice with Emphasis on leadership and management experience. Previous experience in Telemetry nursing preferred.
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability. Steward Health Care does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.