Charge Nurse RN Tele
Under the general direction of the Medical Surgical Services Clinical Director, the Charge Nurse of Medical Surgical Services will be responsible for the clinical coordination, planning and continuous Performance Improvement of all unit activities on a 24-hour basis. This role encompasses, but is not limited to:
- Education, clinical skills, staffing, research, and competency evaluation (clinical and age specific) of employees.
- Provides clinical direction for the specific nursing unit. To provide leadership on the definition, development, and growth of nursing practice within the unit and throughout the community.
- Ensures adherence to standards in the Medical Surgical Services on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and the Department of Nursing Standards with collaboration of the Chief Nursing officer in unusual situations.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual member of nursing staff with a focus on promoting clinical competence in the provision of the Medical Surgical Services nursing care services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor of Nursing degree required or working towards a bachelor or master’s degree in nursing within six (6) months of hire.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice with emphasis on leadership and management experience preferred.
- Previous experience in Medical Surgical Services nursing preferred.
- Full-time – 36 hours a week
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability. Steward Health Care does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.