Charge Nurse - Telemetry Unit
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Responsible to Nursing Services for supporting the nursing philosophy and providing high quality, comprehensive patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- Completion of a college or technical training program in nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- Previous experience as an RN required.
- Requires up to 1 year of experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgement necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
- Current Ohio license as a registered nurse by the Ohio Board of Nursing required.
- BLS is required for every RN.
- ACLS Required to perform job duties once off orientation
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES:
- Maintains clinical competence to perform functions on RN assessment checklist and supports clinical nursing practice.
- Maintains collaborative relationship with medical staff and other departments to improve service and enhance quality.
- Oversees the provision of high quality, cost effective care through supervision of others. Promotes patient education.
- Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Manager, directs workforce to accomplish patient care services on day, afternoon, and night shift.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
- Acts as a role model.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.