At Scenic Mountain Medical Center, we are committed to caring for patients as we would our own families. We are a full service, acute care, 146-bed community hospital for adults and children, and we understand the importance of delivering world class health care along with the latest advances in technology and treatment options.
Our specialized services include cardiology, orthopedics, maternity, diagnostic imaging, emergency care with a 24/7 Level IV Trauma Center, wound care, and women's health and breast care services.
About the Position:
Our hospital is searching for a creative and motivated Sous Chef to join our talented kitchen team. In this position, you will act as the second in command in our kitchen, following and enforcing our Director's requirements and guidelines. Our ideal candidate is a creative professional who is willing to participate in creating delicious seasonal menus and meal designs.
Under the direction of the Director, the Sous Chef is responsible for coordinating activities of and directs training of cooks and food production staff engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure a safe, efficient and profitable food service.
- Develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns personally.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Recruit and train new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
- Manage the kitchen team in the executive chef's absence.
- Culinary Degree or equivilent Sous Chef Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.