Chief Nursing Officer - CNO - Full Time
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the President, serves as the nurse leader and directs the hospital’s nursing services and is responsible for planning, coordinating, directing, operating and evaluating care delivered to patients in the Patient Care Services Division. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Approves and implements policies and procedures, standards of care, and treatment and staffing plans are established in departments within the Patient Care Division and hospital wide as it relates to the services provided within Patient Care Division.
- Provides access to all nursing policies, procedures and standards to the nursing staff.
- The CNO is responsible for the provision of nursing services 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
- The CNO or designee exercises final authority over staff who provide nursing care, treatment and services.
- Implements an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess and improve the quality of care (including nursing care), treatment and services delivered to patients.
6. Provides leadership and direction to assure CARF & The Joint Commission accreditation standards are
7. Promotes and maintains good relationships both internally and Steward Health Care, as well as external to the system.
8. Selects qualified competent department staff to provide quality services.
- Completes performance appraisals on time based on policy.
10.Provides operation oversight to nursing and ancillary departments assigned with recommending operating and capital budgets with monitoring allocation of resources.
11.Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in nursing required. Master’s degree in nursing or related field is preferred. After orientation, up to twelve month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions. Requires four years or more experience on a similar job or jobs with progressively increasing responsibility in this or another hospital or healthcare facility.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13944