About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Overall responsibility for region medical center operations. Accountable for the performance and efficient operation of the hospitals in accordance with strategy, plans and budgets. Responsible for integrating the hospitals strategic plan with the operations for the region. Coordinates efforts of the hospitals executives to ensure the organizations goals and objectives are achieved. This role will have substantial scope of responsibility and oversee a management portfolio which is notably diverse, with broad organizational implications, complexity and challenges. As a leader on the executive team, you will be expected to make critical decisions having a significant impact on this innovative, well- capitalized hospital system.
- Facilitating effective decision making by working closely with executives to drive and influence the development and coordination of projects and initiatives across various business units.
- Implementation of strategic initiatives and projects that drive the day to day operation of the business and long-term growth of the Region
- Key responsibilities such as financial/ business analysis, strategic operations and being a liaison to facilitate collaboration across the Region
- Oversees and assists with formulating strategic plans for operational needs and capital needs for Region Hospitals
- Oversees the development of high quality, cost effective and integrated clinical programs within the Region Hospitals
- Guide and assist in implementing new operational models and structures to reduce costs, improve quality, and enhance services to patients and visitors
- Prepares and monitors in conjunction with Regional CFO the hospitals operating and capital budgets
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and requirements
- Adjusts resource utilization according to volume of services in a way that balances efficiency and quality
- Overall success of operations of the hospitals in the Region—accurate financial and analytical reporting
- Successful masterminding, outlining and developing projects
- Ensuring all projects remain on time and on budget
- Act a liaison between facility project manager and Regional President
- Operational and financial performance consistent with targets for the Region
- Satisfactory results for internal and external audits
- Meet service level standards
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Leadership/Change Management: Sets Critical Priorities
Establishes the most critical priorities and anticipates specific business situations that might create conflicts and resolves them before they result in crisis; redirects the organization swiftly to meet rapidly changing priorities
- Leadership/Change Management: Driving Change Identifies the need for change at a strategic level; plans and leads dramatic far-reaching change
- Leadership/Change Management: People Management Supervises multiple levels of subordinate; effectively recognizes, rewards, and motivates high performance in others
- Leadership/Management: Proactive Management Accountability and ownership of the enterprise. Proactive management to meet strategic and operational goals.
- Knowledge and Critical Thinking: Problem Solving/ Decision Making
Makes independent decisions requiring a high degree of judgment—and often involving calculated risk—that may have significant consequences for the overall System
- Service Excellence: Service Excellence
Defines service excellence strategy and allocates resources to achieve service excellence
- Personal Effectiveness: Networking and Collaboration Strategically builds networks of high-level contacts, both externally and across the System; builds consensus among those with differing opinions or conflicting goals; thrives in a complex, highly matrixed organization
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Management or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience (Type & Length): At least 15 years of progressively responsible experience in health care management, preferable 5 years at the executive leadership level.