Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer (COO) - Full-Time, Day shift
North Shore Medical Center- Steward Healthcare
North Shore Medical Center is a teaching hospital and a comprehensive stroke center in Miami, Florida. It is a 337-bed general acute care community hospital. It is dedicated to emergency care, stroke care, cardiovascular care, orthopedics, bariatric surgery, diagnostic imagining, elderly care, general surgery, blood conversation, obstetrics, pain management, physical therapy, psychology, sleep study and wound care services.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for producing desired results associated with service excellence, quality clinical outcomes, and financial integrity for designated operations. Designated operations include multi-departmental accountability and administrative support to all hospital leaders. This position provides leadership in the development, implementation, and oversight of standards, systems, policies, and procedures in alignment with the organization’s strategic initiatives. This position serves as the primary advisor to the organization’s senior management team on matters related to designated operations. This position serves as a role model to staff across the system and represents the organization positively both within and outside the company.
The responsibilities of the COO include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing day to day operations of all departments in the hospital.
- Coordinating facility and program planning budget preparation, administering hospital policy formulation
- Representing the hospital at various professional, civic and governmental organizations and meetings.
- Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital; taking a role in the recruiting and retention of physicians
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer to ensure the hospital meets necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Nursing Officer
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer to create an environment that will encourage the recruiting and retention of qualified hospital employees
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Assisting in planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Assisting in managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's financial and nursing officers
- Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary
This position reports directly to the CEO and in the absence of the CEO, the COO may be required to interpret hospital policy and provide guidance.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited institution
- Master of Healthcare Administration or MBA with Healthcare emphasis preferred.
- At a minimum, ten (10) years of progressively responsible management experience, preferably in a for-profit experience in an acute care setting.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!