Citrix Engineer - Boston, MA & Dallas, TX
Position reports to the Director of Partner Services and Operations. Under the general direction of the lead Citrix Engineer, the Citrix Engineer will be responsible for design, deployment, management, and support of the Citrix XenApp applications and server environments at Steward Health Care System. This includes a robust and continually evolving set of Citrix hosted solutions used to run critical 24/7 clinical systems on a varity of computing devices.
Experience in designing, implementing, managing, and optimizing Citrix and the infrastructure it runs on is critical to the success of this role. A strong working knowledge of XenApp, XenDesktop, Provisioning Services, VMWare (or HyperV/XenServer), Windows/Citrix Profile Management, Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2, PowerShell, Active Directory, and Group Policy are key to this role. Knowledge of application virtualization and application remediation is strong plus.
The Citrix Engineer is also required to work with IT teams, project managers, IT architects, vendors, and business leaders to design and architect hosted computing solutions to meet demanding clinical workflows in diverse hospital environments.
It is equally important to have excellent communication and troubleshooting skills as the Citrix Engineer will be required to collaborate with IT teams, application analysts, Vendors, clinical and business staff to help resolve problems and issues that may arise.
Requires advanced knowledge of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop systems analysis.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under limited supervision. A large degree of creativity and latitude is required.
The qualified candidate will have a good mix of technical and project management skills.
- Due to DoD Security Clearence requirement, must be U.S. Citizen.
- Dallas or Boston location preferred, but may consider remote.
- Four year college or university program certificate.
- Five years experience in an enterprise computing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Citrix Certified Professional required (CCP).
- Knowledge and expertise in designing, planning, deployment and administration of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 6.5/7.x Server Farms. Experience in supporting Web Interface and StoreFront 3.x. Netscaler, Provisioning Services, and Citrix Profile Management experience is a plus. Server Virtualization (VMware) is a plus.
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, and DFS.
- PowerShell scripting skills is a plus
- Ability to design and implement Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop systems utilizing current industry technology.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems related to Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop infrastructure.
- Local travel is required between Steward Health Care Hospital facilities.
- Participation in 24x7 on call rotation is required