About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Under the general direction of the Sr. Citrix Engineer, the Citrix Engineer is responsible for design, deployment, management, and support of the Citrix XenApp & server and VDI environments. This includes a robust and continually evolving set of Citrix solutions used to run critical 24/7 clinical & business systems on a variety of computing devices. Extensive experience in designing, implementing, managing, and optimizing Citrix and related infrastructure is critical to the success of this role. Expert knowledge of XenApp, XenDesktop, Provisioning Services, VMWare (or HyperV/XenServer), Windows/Citrix Profile Management, Windows Server OS (2008R2-2022), PowerShell, Active Directory, and Group Policy are key to this role. The Citrix Engineer is also required to work with IT teams, project managers, IT architects, vendors, and business leaders to design and architect hosted computing solutions to meet demanding clinical workflows in diverse hospital environments.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under limited supervision. A large degree of creativity and latitude is required.
The qualified candidate will have a good mix of technical and project management skills
- Assist in design, deployment & Support of Citrix solutions
- Monitor & resolving incident tickets ensuring prompt and effective solutions and closure
- Effectively triage incidents when necessary in accordance to I.S. procedures
- Ensure appropriate monitoring tools are in place and properly utilized to ensure the integrity and stability of the Enterprise Citrix environment.
- Works with other Steward I.S. support teams as appropriate for support & troubleshooting of issues pertaining to the Citrix enterprise environment.
- Continually work to standardize and document existing procedures
- Provide training and documentation to the Help Desk on resolution skills to provide first call resolution where possible
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Develop and monitor metrics to ensure support SLA’s are met
- Provide escalation path for users with issues and research outstanding issues
- Participate In the development and implementation of policies and procedures to improve process and workflow for the technicians
- Proactively work to improve customer experience and departmental performance
- Promote network and system standards and ensure adherence to existing and new standards and best practices.
- Help create documentation, procedural and otherwise regarding Citrix responsibilities
- Continue to improve Citrix operations via new ideas and methods
- Participation in the development, planning and execution of large Citrix and other IS projects
- Submit timely status reports to senior leadership and other project stakeholders as required.
- After hours and weekend work to perform tasks that cannot be done during business hours is required.
- Work with minimal guidance, seek guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the technical support team.
- Conform to all departmental and enterprise standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintain a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the department.
- Develop an understanding and awareness of the enterprise, including its objectives, design, strategies, departmental initiatives, staffing and the roles of key players in the organization.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- Occasionally lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds
- Travel to other sites (Including National travel) is required
- Perform on-call duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Expert knowledge designing, implementing and supporting XenApp, XenDesktop/Desktop Virtualization, CVAD Provisioning Services & VMWare (or HyperV/XenServer),
- Expert knowledge designing, implementing and supporting Windows/Citrix Profile Management, Windows Server 2008 R2/2012/2016/2019/2022, PowerShell, Active Directory, Application Virtualization, Application remedies and Group Policy
- Experience with MS Azure and other cloud hosting solutions is a plus
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements
- Ability to work independently and take initiative over diverse project areas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Excellent listener to customer requests, exceptional understanding of customers business need and generally able to do what the customer “needs” rather than just what the customer “asks”.
- Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and escalate problems
- Capability to maintains a sense of urgency about his/her work
- Analyzes problems effectively and efficiently (95% accuracy) to plan and develop solutions to individual projects of major complexity.
- Capacity to advise and provide direction to junior staff.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment
- Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively to Steward personnel using written and oral formats
- Able to effectively prepare presentation material and present information to IS staff, management, hospital and public groups
- Ability to strategically plan and be proactive in approach.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contracts.
- Education: 4 year college program certificate, or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 7 years’ experience supporting Citrix in a customer services focused environments, Healthcare IT preferred.
- CCAV (Citrix Certified Associate Virtualization)
- CCPV (Citrix Certified Professional Virtualization)
- Expert knowledge and expertise designing, planning, deployment and administration of Citrix CVAD 1912+, 6.5/7.x Server Farms. Experience in supporting Web Interface and StoreFront 3.x. NetScaler, Provisioning Services, Citrix Profile Management & Server Virtualization (VMware).
- Expert knowledge & experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, and DHCP is required
- PowerShell scripting skills is required
- MS Azure, AVD and other cloud hosting solutions experience is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems related to Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop infrastructure
- Occasional Travel is required to Steward Health Care Hospital facilities, both local and national
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.