Clinic Coordinator - Full Time
At Steward Health Care, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Responsible to WorkMED for coordination, facilitation, communication, and monitoring of the clinic staff activities. Also interfaces with other WorkMED clinic locations for educational and training support. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, and timely service.
- Associate degree in Allied Health or Medical Assisting from a college or technical school is required.
- Requires 2-3 years’ experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgement necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Monitors the daily activities of the receptionist and clinic staff while ensuring quality care for patients.
- Provides an essential communication link between the injured workers, providers, employers and payors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of occupational health and worker’s compensation protocols and assists in patient case management.
- Maintains knowledge of performance testing on all special equipment.
- Coordinates monthly staff meetings and completes staff schedules.
- Assists with daily batch controls to ensure all revenue is captured and reconciles to the daily schedule.
- Manages the clinic inventory and assists with weekly statistical reporting.
- Collaborates with Regional Manager on employee performance appraisals.
- Monitors allocation of resources.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Steward Health Care is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.