Clinical Coordinator ICU Full-time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be good fit for you.
Summary: The clinical coordinator will assume management responsibility of the unit in the absence of the Director. He/she will assist the Director with staff development, unit based quality initiatives, daily operations, programmatic initiatives, daily huddles, patient experience initiatives, patient safety, quality measures, review of documentation. The clinical coordinator will facilitate development of new staff and will work closely with the education department to ensure that the learning needs of the unit are met. Will participate in nursing leadership activities and is capable and able to perform as a staff nurse for the unit when census requires. Role models professional behavior and performance to other team members
- Ensures that care is delivered to each patient in accordance with the PA Nurse Practice act, standards of clinical nursing practice and SRMC policy and procedures
- Makes rounds daily to assess the status of the patient, the quality of the care delivered by the department and safety of the patient care area.
- Provides daily feedback as necessary to individual staff members regarding their performance. Coaches and mentors to improve performance. Reports areas of concern to Director.
- Collaborates with Director to evaluate workflow and processes.
- Confers with Director as needed to analyze quality of care issues and to resolve problems.
- Promotes a positive work environment which enhances employee and patient satisfaction. Manages "up" not down.
- Is role model for AIDET and collaborates with physicians and other departments.
- Ensures staff compliance with hospital/unit policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Monitors patient preparation for procedures, ensuring that issues/concerns are addressed prior to arrival.
- Monitors department for The Joint Commission readiness at all times.
- Participates in activities that ensures the competency of the staff‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
- Communicates with staff regarding orientation, monitoring preceptor assignment and appropriate assignment.
- •Communicates staff performance to the Director to provide information for employee performance appraisals.
- •Acts as a professional teacher, role model and resource for peers and staff.
- Assists Director with arranging staffing for the unit.
- Provides unit coverage during lunch breaks if needed.
- Monitors patient care assignments for continuity and consistency for each shift while considering the specific skills required for the care of the patient.
- Acts as a staff nurse as needed to meet patient and department needs‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
- Maintains clinical skills and knowledge of current treatment modalitites and acts as a resource for staff support, education, and development.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to be able to provide direct patient care as needed.
- Maintains calm and effective behavior during stressful situations.
- Attentitive to detail, record keeping, and required documentation inherent to the position.
- Demonstrates effective delegation skills.
- Completes assignment accurately and on time.
- Adheres to work schedule, adjusts schedules to meet the health system needs and is punctual.
- Role models professional behavior and performance to other team members.
- Demonstrates good management techniques in established lines of authority
The Above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description.
- Registered Nurse in PA
- Bachelor's degree
- CPR, ACLS, and HIHSS
- Background Checks as required by law
Important COVID message
Please note, our Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.