Clinical Coordinator RN OR
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Clinical Coordinator Surgical Services
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Surgical Services, the Clinical Coordinator position is accountable for providing leadership of clinical care. This position is accountable for assisting the director with the coordination of patient care activities, services, staff development, and maintaining department accountability. The day-to-day responsibility for the management of the assigned area(s): Surgery, Same Day Surgery, PACU, Central Sterile, GI, and Anesthesia departments.
Major functions include planning, organizing, staffing, directing, evaluating, reporting, budgeting, and assurance of quality improvement. Participates in continual evaluation of patient and unit nursing care and assumes responsibility for the practice standards of the unit staff. Plans and reviews the course of nursing care given in relation to the philosophy and objectives of the Nursing Department. Works closely with the Nursing Supervisors on the evening and night shifts, communicating to them special achievements, goals, problems, or areas needing follow-up to assure quality nursing care on a 24-hour basis. In conjunction with the Director of Surgical Services, analyzes and evaluates staff performance, providing feedback to the staff of their achievement toward hospital, departmental, and individual goals.
Maintains good intra and inter-departmental relationships, promoting good public relations. Participates in hospital activities related to the community and is active in professional organization. Demonstrates professional behavior at all times and maintains good rapport with medical staff members. All other duties as assigned.
* Current Utah RN License
* Current BLS certification issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
* Current ALS certification or obtained within 90 days of hire date or transfer date, issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
* Current PALS certification or obtained within 90 days of hire date or transfer date, issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
* Basic computer skills
* Minimum 5 years’ experience as a staff nurse in an acute care hospital setting,
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in surgery departments preferred.
* Charge nurse or supervisory experience preferred.
* CNOR certification to be obtained within 360 days of hire.
* Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written English. Additional languages are strongly preferred.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.