Clinical Evaluator Full Time Eves
The Clinical Evaluator determines the appropriate level of care for patients and initiates the treatment process. The Clinical Evaluator will also formulate the diagnosis based upon thr DSM-V and ASAM criteria.
HOURS: 32 hour eves
The Clinical Evaluator
• Initiates and completes comprehensive psychosocial assessment and evaluates history of current psychiatric problems and/or substance use disorders.
o skill in diagnosing patients based upon presenting symptoms and past history according to DMS criteria.
o knowledge of levels of care in substance abuse treatment and criteria needed to assess the different levels according to ASAM criteria.
o knowledge of the relationship between substance abuse and psychopathology.
o thorough knowledge of abuse laws and legal procedures when needed to protect client / minors and reports when necessary.
o flexibility and ability to use a wide range of psychotherapeutic interventions based upon the patients need.
• Informs patient of treatment process and treatment options, including self-help groups.
• Communicates assessment information to health insurance managed care companies for prior authorization for recommended treatment and reports issues to Case Management.
• Engages patient into recommended treatment program and makes proper referral when indicated.
• Files 51A with MA Department of Children and Families as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
• Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
• Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
• Responds to requests in a timely manner.
• Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Demonstrates competency in use of computer as needed for the unit
• Knowledge of DMS-V
• Knowledge of ASAM criteria
• Maintains the requirements for professional licensure as required by state law
Education: Master's degree required, and license preferred
Experience: Substance and mental health experience required
Certification/Licensure: LMHC or LICSW preferred
Software/Hardware: Meditech, MS Office Suite