Clinical Leader- Telemetry unit- Full time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Recognized leadership and education position. Plays a key role in the development and maintenance of education among the unit staff. Emphasis is on the provision and supervision of direct care. Responsible for meeting established standards of nursing practice. Manages and oversees the care and services provided by ancillary and other professional personnel. Actively participates in the evaluation of staff.
- Collaborates with healthcare team, including but not limited to Case Management to ensure optimal disposition plans for all patients.
- Provides clinical consultation to nursing staff or directs them to other resources.
- Monitors and adjusts staffing based upon patient census and acuity.
- Manages the flow of patients to and from the department maintaining a focus on patient needs and efficiency.
- Supports and helps implement evidenced-based practice that remains current regarding standards of care established by the profession, regulatory & accreditation bodies and hospital policy and procedures.
- Facilitates multidisciplinary care to ensure the best possible outcome for patients.
- Delegates responsibilities to unit staff to ensure positive achievable patient outcomes.
- Assists with planning, implementation, and follow through of personnel corrective and education action as necessary.
- Provides peer review input for annual job performance evaluations.
- Fosters interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships within unit, department, and hospital wide. Acts a mentor for new staff.
- Assumes accountability for translating the hospital, departmental, and unit strategic plan to staff, ensuring support of the plan, and helps modify the plan in response to changing internal and external factors.
- Assists in the active development and maintenance of education of the unit staff from orientation through annual competencies.
- Maintains unit budget and financial requirements.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current nursing registration in Massachusetts
- BSN required
- BCLS certification and demonstrated clinical competence in the specialty area of nursing practice preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including the ability to effectively communicate among all levels of organization and a genuine commitment to foster the growth and development of others.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Readily adapts to change and welcomes new approaches when circumstances demand it.
- Ability to make timely and appropriate decisions in the face of conflicting demands and interests.
- Willingness to provide exceptional patient care.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.