Clinical Manager- Endoscopy/ASC- FT 40 Hours
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Clinical Manager/ Nurse Manager for Surgical Services:
Recognized leadership position that effectively and efficiently manages the operations of the surgical services departments. The incumbent will be well organized and will fosters interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships among staff, key physician stakeholders, and other hospital departments.
Responsibilities/Skills and Abilities:
- Manages daily operations of surgical services to include Operating Room, PACU, Surgical Day Care and Pre-admission testing.
- Assists surgical service personnel in evaluating practice and creating strategies for further improvement.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner.
- Assumes accountability for remaining current regarding standards of care established by the profession, regulatory & accreditation bodies and hospital policy and procedures.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and/or staff to provide the highest level of physical comfort, and minimize risk and injury.
STATEMENT OF OTHER DUTIES: This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described in this document.
BSN required and a current Massachusetts Registered Nursing license with a minimum of 5 years varied and progressive surgical services experience.