Clinical Manager - Foxboro Oncology
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
TITLE: Clinical Nurse Manager JOB CODE: DEPARTMENT: Nursing Administration FLSA STATUS: REPORTS TO: CNO DATE:
POSITION SUMMARY: In collaboration with the Patient Care Director, the Clinical Nurse Manager evaluates the delivery of patient care using the organization’s quality metrics, monitors and reports trends in patient population/acuity and manages staffing resources accordingly. Designs, implements and evaluates innovative systems that support efficient delivery of patient care, develops and adheres to approved budget, assesses staff competence and educational needs in relation to changing patient needs via clinical pertinence, medical record review, patient and family visits, physician feedback and periodic visits to off-shifts. Requires experience and commitment to the quality of patient care and patient satisfaction. The CNM will provide leadership and direction of the nursing staff while promoting teamwork in a multidisciplinary care environment.
• Provides direction to subordinates to meet the departmental objectives as well as the objectives of Norwood Hospital Cancer Center.
• In collaboration with the Nursing Leadership Team, participates in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of departmental goals.
• Oversee daily operations on the units.
• Coordinates departmental workflow with all team members to ensure safe, effective and efficient work processing.
• Participates in the formulation and implementation of Performance Improvement initiatives
• Participates in the assessment of the departmental staff, as well as individual educational needs.
• Participates in staff meetings, huddles, and programs/in-services to meet staff needs.
• Serve as an expert in the area of specific unit competencies, maintains clinical competencies for assigned clinical areas
• Works collaboratively with the Nursing Leadership Team and physicians to maintain effective operations and high quality services
• Interface with patients and families to ensure that care is consistent with their expectations
• Serves as a professional role model and mentor to staff by responding positively to change while supporting colleagues through the change process
• Oversees various personnel actions including but not limited to hiring, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and other related activities in collaboration with the Directors
• Ensure budget and resource efficiency and satisfaction with patient care delivery in collaboration with the Director Management of Time and Resources:
• Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
• Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
• Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
This position will function as the Chief Nursing Officer and will report to the President of the Hospital
CORE VALUES Compassion Accountability Respect Excellence
• Is reliable in respect to attendance. • Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
• Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes. Quality:
• Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
• Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
• Produces quality results.
• Continually strives to improve the quality of work. Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
• Cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion
• Patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately
• Responds to requests in a timely manner
• Handles interruptions in a skillful way
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor
• Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer's satisfaction
• Assigns staff to patients knowing the competencies of all staff involved
• Is knowledgeable and is the resource for staff
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training)
• Manages, attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required
• Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring
• Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision
• Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate
• Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues
• Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located
• Applies knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served, i.e.: infant pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
• Integrates, delegates, and coordinates patient care using interdisciplinary approach.
• Delegates responsibilities for care, when applicable, and makes assignments according to skills of caregiver.
• Evaluates patient responses to interventions according to established policy and procedure of Norwood Hospital Cancer Center.
• Demonstrates an ability to plan and supervise other patient caregivers in providing patient care on unit while functioning as a professional role model.
• Demonstrates the ability to exercise independent judgment in times of need and emergency situations and evaluates the results of actions taken.
• Administers medication and perform treatments, utilizing principles of aseptic technique to assigned patient according to the established policy and procedure of Norwood Hospital Cancer Center.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/LICENSURE/TECHNICAL/OTHER: Required Qualifications
Minimum Education Requirements:
Associate’s degree or diploma from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
MA RN license and BLS for all areas. OCN strongly preferred. ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Card preferred.
3-5 years Med/Surg. Nursing experience, 1-2 years previous leadership experience preferred. Previous oncology experience preferred. OCN certification must be obtained within two years of hire.
MA RN license and BLS for all areas. OCN strongly preferred. ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Card required. BLS Required.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristics.
Please note, Norwood Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.