Clinical Manager, Operating Room Full Time
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
This role provides accountability for the delivery of quality patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of all patients within the Operating Room.
Full Time Days- 40 Hours per week
- This position requires a sound knowledge of nursing practice and exceptional leadership abilities to manage complex, stressful, and critically important environments.
- Responsible for planning, prioritizing, organizing, directing, and meeting the daily needs and demands of patients and staff.
- Uses sound knowledge of nursing practices to assign patient care responsibilities to staff based on the patient's acuity and skill needs.
- Operationalizes knowledge of human resource management to effectively manage and communicate with staff on assigned unit to promote open communication, teamwork, and enhanced work performance.
- Responsible for effective utilization to ensure appropriate and efficient use of financial, supply and staff resources.
- Accountable for unit-level implementation of hospital policies and procedures.
- The Nurse Manager must maintain fiscal control within prescribed limits.
- Achieves high productivity while attaining exceptional patient, physician and associate satisfaction.
- An associate degree in nursing is required. A Bachelor's degree in nursing is preferred.
- Current unencumbered licensure from the State of Massachusetts; prefer membership in a professional organization.
- Minimum 1-year progressive management experience preferred.
- Current BCLS required.
- Demonstrated the ability to problem-solve and be supportive/innovative in the process of change.
- Strong human relations skills with an ability to handle difficult/sensitive issues with regard to patient confidentiality.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of hospital practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to the department.
- The ability to integrate and interpret data from diverse sources addressing issues of high complexity.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers (i.e. patients, physicians and supporting departments).
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician-owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.