Clinical Nurse Manager- Labor and Delivery Day Exempt
Under the general direction of the Maternal Child Services Clinical Director, the Clinical Manager of Maternal Child & Perinatal Services will be responsible for the clinical coordination, planning and continuous Performance Improvement of all unit activities on a 24-hour basis. This role encompasses, but is not limited to:
A. Education, clinical skills, staffing, research, and competency evaluation (clinical and age specific) of employees.
B. Provides clinical direction for the specific nursing unit (s). To provide leadership on the definition, development, and growth of nursing practice within the unit(s) and throughout the community.
C. Ensures adherence to standards in the Maternal Child Services on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and the Department of Nursing Standards with collaboration of the Chief Nursing officer in unusual situations.
D. Functions as a resource person for staff members and develops and oversees necessary education of individual members of nursing staff with a focus on promoting clinical competency in the provision of the Maternal Child Services nursing care service lines for which they are responsible.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s of Nursing degree required, or working towards a Bachelors or Masters Degree in nursing within six (6) months of hire.
- Minimum of five(5) years of clinical practice with emphasis on leadership and management experience preferred.
- Previous experience in Maternal Child Services nursing required
- Please reference Steward Certification Grid for all required Certificaitons.
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Steward Health Care does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.