Clinical Pharmacist- Pharmacy- Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
II. Job Relationships:
Reports directly to the Director of Retail Pharm & Mail Order S.
Maintains informational and clinical relationships with Providers, Clinical Managers, and Clinical Coordinator of Pharmacy Services.
He/She is empowered to utilize any support staff within the department.
Has the authority to prepare and dispense prescription medicine in accordance with the Health Center policies and all State/Federal regulations.
Has authority to act as a source of drug information for the clinicians associated with SEHC.
Has authority to evaluate a patient's medical profile for possible drug interactions, drug-disease interactions, duplicate therapies, and to notify the clinician where appropriate.
Has authority to supervise the activities of the Pharmacy Technicians and/or Pharmacy/Interns.
Has authority to receive prescriptions from patients and obtain any needed information.
Has authority to handle minor problems that occur, and to refer major problems or complaints to the Pharmacy Manager.
Has the requisite authority required to accomplish the objectives set forth in the department's Provision of Services Plan and to accomplish the following responsibilities:
IV. A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1.) "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
and patients as referenced in the “Achieving Excellent Care Standards", while abiding by all “Standards of Behavior-Respect, Communication, Compassion, Teamwork, and Accountability.”
2.) Must be team-oriented and possess excellent organizational and productivity skills to perform duties in a high volume pharmacy. Must possess proficient skills to work with pharmacy computer software and pharmacy automation systems.
* Perform monthly rotation duties as a team leader to ensure that all aspects of the daily pharmacy operations are carried out in an organized and efficient manner.
* Assist in the Pharmacy Department’s Cost-Savings Initiative Program, which includes:
-Drug Utilization Review to maintain the most cost-effective and therapeutically effective medication therapy for the US Family Health Plan members.
-Calling and or sending information to USFHP members to enroll them in the USFHP Mail Order Pharmacy Benefit.
* Assist with Prior Authorization and Medical Necessity requests for USFHP members.
* Must possess effective communication and clinical skills to counsel patients on their medication therapy.
* Ensure that the work areas and countertops are kept clean, and to notify ABAHG for special cleaning issues.
* Answer telephone calls promptly and courteously while identifying name and position title to the caller.
* Must be able to utilize pharmacy software system to aid in the preparation of prescriptions. This shall include label generation, editing prescriptions, preparing various cost-analysis reports, adding drugs to the database, and other functions as deemed appropriate by the Pharmacy Manager.
* Must be able to interact with the pharmacy software computer vendor’s help desk to resolve issues that arise.
* Must possess a proficiency to utilize and navigate the health center’s electronic health record system.
* Assist in ensuring that expired medication checks are performed monthly.
* Assist in any Quality Management projects as requested by the Pharmacy Manager.
* Assist in training new employees and improving skills of existing support staff.
* The pharmacist may be responsible for the purchase of pharmacy inventory to include narcotics and other necessary drugs, equipment, and items to insure availability. When there is an established formulary, the pharmacist is required to adhere to that formulary or follow the established procedure for exceptions.
BS in Pharmacy
Must have experience working in a retail or managed care pharmacy.
Strong orientation to patient care in accordance with the Medical Center's values.
Computer literacy with proficiency in general word-processing and data entry.
Strong organizational, prioritization, communication, and mathematical skills.
Knowledge of third party payers and insurance plans.
Ability to understand the importance of and respect the confidentiality of all patient information.
Registration as a Pharmacist in the State of Massachusetts.
Completion of continuing education requirements as set forth by the Board of Registration in Pharmacy.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.