Summary of Responsibility:
The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist works collaboratively with attending physicians, physician assistants/nurse practioners, infectious disease practitioners, nurses, and other members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure appropriate use of antibiotics and other medications. The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist is responsible for monitoring, reviewing, reporting, and making recommendations to the team on medication therapy management.
- License to practice pharmacy in Massachusetts.
- BS in pharmacy degree from an AACP accredited College of Pharmacy required. Doctor of Pharmacy degree preferred.
- Successful completion of an infectious disease specialty residency or two years of related practice experience preferred.
- Ability to research and analyze the medical literature including drug information, disease states and clinical practice guidelines.
- Proficiency in hospital software.
This is a per diem position.
- Assists the Director of the Pharmacy in assuring efficient and effective operations of the Pharmacy department.
- Actively rounds with the interdisciplinary teams on the nursing units to provide recommendations on appropriate antibiotic usage..
- Actively participates in the antibiotic stewardship program by making appropriate clinical, operational, and cost effective recommendations regarding the use of anti infective agents.
- Consults with the team to manage anticoagulation therapy, use of generic medications, and conversion of intravenous to oral medications.
- Provides medication education to members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Develops medication treatment guidelines and measures their effectiveness.
- With the Director of Pharmacy, actively participates in managing the cost of pharmaceuticals and participates in developing, monitoring and reporting quality improvement data and outcomes.
- Serves as a preceptor for pharmacy students.
- In collaboration with the Director of Pharmacy, provides input regarding pharmacy staff performance and in the hiring of new employees.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 119016