Clinical Pharmacy Specialist - Full Time - benefits eligibility
Under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy this position, and in conjunction with the Clinical Coordinator, this position is responsible for the formulary control of Antimicrobials per Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, and Antimicrobial Stewardship committee guidelines. This position serves as co-chair, with the physician chair of infectious disease, of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Committee. This position is responsible for the education of all healthcare professionals regarding the appropriate use of Antimicrobial therapy, while, promoting rationale and cost effective use of Antimicrobials in the institution. As part of these responsibilities, it is expected that all activities including, but not limited to, therapeutic interventions, cost savings/avoidance interventions, and any related interventions will be documented according to departmental procedures (antimicrobial scorecard). This position will assist in the staff development of pharmacists through education and training related to the optimal use of Antimicrobials. Additionally, this position will answer drug information questions and review pertinent articles from pharmacy and medical journals to ensure that the unique nature of the patient is addressed. This position will provide patient education as necessary and will conform to all hospital requirements regarding personal protective equipment (PPE) when interacting with patients. This position will assume a supervisory role in the event that the Director of Pharmacy and/or Clinical Coordinator are not available.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree from an accredited college of Pharmacy.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in hospital pharmacy practice is required and/or completion of a PGY-1 residency or specialty.
- Active registration as a Pharmacist in Commonwealth of Massachusetts is required.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical pharmacy, especially as it related to Antimicrobial usage
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and take initiative over diverse projects
- Excellent inter-personal and organizational skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products, including MS PowerPoint