Under the direction the Director and of multiple principal investigator’s, coordinates clinical research protocol and quality improvement projects as well as evaluates research study participants in an office or a hospital setting prior to and following procedures. Assists in monitoring of research study participants.
- "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Performs duties as needed to coordinate quality improvement projects/clinical research studies/ and clinical trials to include but not limited to the following:
- Research study participant recruitment, screening and enrollment
- Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed. Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information.
- Organizes and updated files, charts, and records.
- Follow-up in accordance with specific protocol.
- Reports to the principal investigator any deviations of normal operations.
- Reports to the principal investigator any unusual occurrences related to research study participants, staff or equipment.
- Reports immediately any changes in the research study participant’s condition warranting intervention.
- Maintains appropriate communication with study sponsor and referring physicians.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of protocols for Research/Human Subjects Committee (IRB) approval. The scope of the clinical trials includes evaluation of therapy, assessment of effect of treatment, ongoing evaluation and long-term assessment of comprehensive management program, and evaluation of the effects of risk factor modification program.
- Assists the principal investigator in data collection and works with the Quality and Safety Officers on improvement projects,
- Responsible for completion of pertinent data relevant to patient enrollment in clinical research studies/clinical trials and management of data from procedures performed.
- Demonstrates knowledgeable assessment skills while constantly monitoring the patient’s status throughout the duration of the clinical research study/clinical trial.
- Assists the principal investigator in the evaluation, care and follow-up of research study participants.
- Maintains appropriate study participant research records and documentation.
- Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all medical center related, clinical trial related, medical staff related and patient related data and information as per HIPPA standards.
- Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining annual competencies, training, and certifications as required.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to complete mathematical computations required to perform tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work closely and productively with other members of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to analyze operational issues and solve them creatively.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 2-3 years experience in a health care setting as a research coordinator or a comparable position.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with organization of medical charts preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and telephone skills required.
- Word-processing and computer data entry experience preferred.
[HOSPITAL or ORGANIZATION] is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.