Clinical Secretary- ICU
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Provides direct patient care in the medical surgical setting. Will be acting as both a Certified Nursing Assistant and ICU Secretary.
Meets the communication needs of the patient/family, departmental staff and medical staff. Prepares and compiles records in the Medical Surgical Unit. Initiates directions from physician and nursing staff. Participates in performance improvement activities. Maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and hospital policies and procedures and standards.
- Prepares medical records for new admissions and discharged patients.
- Obtains appropriate nursing staff to assist patients/physicians in the care of the patient.
- Transcribes physician’s orders within unit standard after being written.
- Enters and verifies orders in the computer system.
- Logs all patients in the log books and in computer upon admission, transfer, discharge or expiration.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to charge nurse, co-workers and physicians.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Orders supplies and printing weekly, obtains orders as required.
- Retrieves all lab results from computer and brings the results to the attention of the appropriate staff nurse.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and provides explanations and verbal reassurance as necessary.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors, under the supervision of the nursing staff.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Answers telephone/intercom in a polite manner and communicates information to the appropriate personnel/family.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Basic computer knowledge.
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Prior experience working in a medical office/clinic
Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant