At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
|Under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy this position is responsible for providing expert analysis of pharmaceutical used at the Medical Center including, efficacy, safety, and cost considerations. This position will be responsible for the education of all healthcare professionals regarding the appropriate use of pharmaceutical therapy. As part of these responsibilities, it is expected that all activities including, but not limited to, therapeutic interventions, cost avoidance interventions, and any other related interventions be documented according to departmental procedures. This position will assist in the staff development of pharmacists through education and training related to the optimal use of pharmaceuticals. Additionally, this position will answer drug information questions and review pertinent articles from pharmacy and medical journals to ensure that the unique nature of the patient is addressed.|
|Key Reponsibilities: |
• Participate in performing clinical evaluation of new medications
• Serves on the Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee to provide expert analysis of formulary medications, medication policies and drug use evaluations.
• Arrange and provide clinical training and professional development of clinical pharmacy skills for pharmacists.
• Assist and participate in regular clinical pharmacy staff meetings.
• Provides educational programs for pharmacists and pharmacy staff, including, but not limited to, the provision of formal presentations to pharmacists, nurses, physicians, and other health care practitioners on topics related to drug pharmacology, therapeutics, pharmacokinetics and appropriate use.
• Show potential cost savings (cost avoidance) to the Medical Center of pharmaceuticals
• Answer drug information questions and review pertinent articles from pharmacy and medical journals.
• This position serves in a supervisory role when either the Director of Pharmacy and/or the Clinical Coordinator are not available.
• Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
|Required Knowledge & Skills:|
• Extensive knowledge of clinical pharmacy, especially as it related to Antimicrobial usage
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work independently and take initiative over diverse projects
• Excellent inter-personal and organizational skills
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products, including MS PowerPoint
|A Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree from an accredited college of Pharmacy.|
|A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in hospital pharmacy practice is required, as well as, completion of a PGY-1 residency and/or specialty|
|An active registration as a Pharmacist in Commonwealth of Massachusetts is required|
|Meditech, Excel, Word, Power Point|
|Excellent communication (both verbal and written)|