CNA Med/Surg Ortho 4 West Full time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Summary: The Nurse Assistant is accountable for the completion of specific patient care tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Registered Nurse in accordance with the established standards of care.
- Conveys caring, compassion and respect to patients and significant others during all interactions.
- Receives assignment of specific tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
- Performs basic patient care functions including but not limited to positioning, ambulation, delivery of trays and feeding, skin/hair/mouth care, range of motion and linen changes.
- Completes vital signs accurately, notifies Registered Nurse of vital signs outside designated range.
- Respond to patient call lights and requests from patients and significant others.
- Administers basic treatments/procedures as delegated by the Registered Nurse such as ice bags, K-pads, and CPMs.
- Documents results and completion of assigned responsibilities accurately in the medical record.
- Transports patiens to other locations within the Health System via appropriate mode as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Identifies opportunities for clinical performance improvement, communicates these to patient care leaders and actively participates in efforts to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of patient care.
- Responsible for ordering and proper storage of supplies in designated areas.
- Updates the whiteboard with names of caregivers, date and time at the beginning of the shift.
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- PA Certified Nursing Assistant
- High School Diploma
- Background checks as required by State and Federal Law
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, our Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.