CNA / Psych Tech PRN - SLRMC
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – Adult Psych Unit
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Department Director and on duty Registered Nurse (RN), the Float Pool Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) performs the receptionist and secretarial duties on the patient care unit while functioning as the focal communication source in the nursing station. Acts as a hostess to patients and visitors. Performs various duties assisting staff nurses in treatment and care of patients in accordance with the established methods and procedures of the hospital. All duties are supportive and complimentary to the practice of nursing, and the performance of these tasks are essential to patient care. Specific responsibilities include daily hygienic care of the environment for assigned patients. Other duties as assigned.
Must be willing to float to different units as needed. These units include: Telemetry, Surgical/Peds, Medical and Behavioral Health.
- Current C.N.A. license required.
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required upon hire.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Previous C.N.A experience preferred.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.