CNA Women's Center Fulltime
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Summary: The Nurse Assistant provides age specific care to assigned patients under the direction of the Registered Professional nurse according to the standards of patient care.
- Maintains competency to complete basic nursing care of assigned obstetrical,neonatal, medical, surgical patients as planned by a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Responds immediately and appropriately to patient's call lights, inquiries and requests from them and their families.
- Knowledgeable in identification and cleaning procedure of surgical instruments used in labor/delivery, nursery and C/S room.
- Provides basic treatment to patients, i.e., enemas, sitz baths, breast binders, ice packs, weight, etc, and documents on flow sheets.
- Responsibilities in labor/delivery area include delivery table set-up, C/S room set-up, cleaning hydrotherapy tub, restocking and cleaning of labor/delivery rooms and surgical room after use.
- Completes vital signs accurately and documents on flow sheet. Reports pertinent data to Registered Nurse.
- Participates in weekly cleaning of nursery.
- Serves meal trays, passes water, nourishment, feeds patients, and documents percent or amount of consumption on flow sheet.
- Runs errands as needed by the department i.e., taking specimens to lab, picking up medications from pharmacy, discharging patient, etc.
- Maintains a quiet safe, confidential environment of patients, families, and staff. Practices according to Standard Precautions.
- Staff meeting attendance.
- Supports mission/vision/goals of Sharon Regional Medical Center and the Women's Center. Participates in performance improvement.
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
Must be able to pass all pre-employment requirements, which includes but is not limited to a drug screen, physical, and background check(s).
- High School Diploma / GED
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation (PTO)
- Paid Sick time
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, our Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.