INP or OP Coder
The INP/OP Coder reports to the Director of HIM to assist in keeping the multifunctional day to day Health Information Management and Revenue Cycle Management operations on track. This position requires the employee to maintain a process improvement plan to ensure efficiency and quality in the workflow. Participate in and investigate billing edits due to revenue codes, modifiers or coding questions. Participate in the overall philosophy of supporting a self-directed team that performs under minimal supervision. We are seeking a detail-oriented and organized medical coder to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in reviewing and analyzing medical billing and coding for processing. You will review and accurately code office and hospital procedures for reimbursement.
- Receive and review patient charts and documents for accuracy
- Ensure that all codes are current and active
- Report missing or incomplete documentation
- Meet daily coding production
- Update and maintain document lists
- Performs accurate charge entries
- Ensure proper coding on provider documentation
- Serves as resource regarding insurance resolutions and coding questions
- Handles co-pays, balances, and charge posting
- follows coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Performs additional duties assigned by Coding Manager as needed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Three - five years’ experience in coding
- Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- Excellent problem solving skills, the ability to work independently, and to perform under pressure in a positive, teamwork manner with diplomacy and tact.
- Interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately relay information to staff and to internal and external customers.
- Proficient computer skills and Microsoft Office.
- Collaborative, team oriented approach.
- (CCS REQUIRED)
- Associates or bachelors preferred
- Licensure/Registration and/or Certification:
- Required*** Registration with the American Health Information Association (CCS)