Coder Lead - Full Time - JVMC
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
HIM Lead Coder
Acts in a lead role in the coding department.
Accountable for conversion of diagnoses and treatment procedures into codes using an international classification of diseases. Requires skill in the sequencing of diagnoses/procedures to optimize reimbursement. Ensures that records are coded in an accurate and timely manner. Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a therapeutic and safe environment for specific age groups served. Ensures that patient records are accurately coded utilizing ICD-10-CM and CPT codes and guidelines. Efficiently utilizes computerized coding/abstracting equipment.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have extensive knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology, and disease processes.
- Must have Hospital inpatient Coding Experience.
- May participate in on the job training to become competent and proficient in the field.
- Knowledge of diagnoses/procedures in accordance with inpatient Hospital ICD 10 CM and CPT coding principles.
- Knowledge of DRG prospective payment systems.
- AAPC or AHIMA coding certification required.
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
"Jordan Valley Medical Center West Valley Campus is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Female / Veterans/Disabled