Collegiate Nurse Tech 1
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Collegiate Nurse Technician I
Performs various nursing duties related to the general welfare and personal hygiene of assigned patients under the supervision of the registered nurse. Trained, responsible individual who functions in a complementary or assistive role to a qualified licensed nurse in providing direct patient care or carrying out common nursing functions for which he/ she has documented competencies for proper performance of the task. Assists with activities to assist the patient in meeting basic human needs including but not limited to nutrition, hydration, mobility, comfort, elimination, socialization, rest, and hygiene. Collects, reports and documents simple data.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Orients/trains new CNAs
- Serves on committees, task forces
- Identifies problem that results in a performance improvement or research project
- Completes special assignment
- Practices universal precautions in all patient care to protect self and others
- Give complete bath/partial bed baths, assists the patient to bath or shower, gives tepid sponge baths, assists the patient with Sitz bath
- Gives backrubs, takes care of patients hair, including shampooing
- Takes care of patient’s teeth, dentures, nails, feet and shaves patient
- Stores hearing aides, dentures and eyeglasses and other valuables safely and in accordance with Hospital Valuables Policy
- Assists patients in and out of chair, bed wheelchair, stretcher, etc.
- Makes bed, both occupied and unoccupied; changes linen as necessary
- Assists with treatments as appropriate within scope of responsibility
- Assists with meals and nourishment including water and fluids; feeds patients as necessary
- Initiates or performs CPR in an emergency situation
- Performs indwelling catheter care, applies condom catheters
- Observes, reports, measures and records urinary output, feces and emesis on the unit-specific documentation tool
- Applies ice bags and collars, warm or cold unsterile compresses
- Takes and records weights, temperatures, pulse respirations and blood pressure on unit-specific documentation tool
- Administers enemas
- Collects specimens and records information on unit-specific documentation tool
- Assists with admission, discharge and transfer of patients
- Performs skin care including incontinence and decubitus care
- Observes patients on 1:1 or close observation status
- Applies protective and therapeutic devices
- Assists with placement of temperature control blanket
- Assists with post mortem care
- Performs EKGs
- Attaches patients to cardiac monitors
- Reports any untoward or unusual occurrences to nurse
- After completion of restraint education and under the direction of RN, may apply and/or assist in restraining patients
- Reports faulty equipment immediately and in accordance with hospital policy
- Reports unsafe conditions and/or incidents as they occur
- Maintains patient’s rooms in a neat and orderly manner with a clear walk-in area
- Safely transports patients via wheelchair or stretcher
Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirements: High school diploma or GED required. Must be enrolled in an accredited nursing degree program with successful completion of fundamental nursing courses with recommendation from the clinical instructor.
Minimum Work Experience: Previous experience as a nursing assistant preferred
Equipment/Software/Certification: Current BLS certification required
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 110804