TITLE: Communications Dispatcher– $15.20-$22.59/hr based on Collective Bargaining Agreement with 1199 SEIU and years of experience.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Union Benefits to help you live well!
- Low cost Medical/Prescription Drug Insurance through BCBS
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k via Fidelity for eligible employees with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Under the direction of the Director of Telecommunications, performs telephone answering, paging and other telecommunications services utilizing the Meridian and Xtend systems.
Performs telecommunications functions without requiring constant supervisor.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
- Skilled utilization of the computerized telephone/paging system (Xtend) (includes data input).
- Answer, assist and direct a high volume of calls efficiently while communicating clearly, politely and professionally.
- Perform paging/answering services for hospital staff and execute related functions, record coverage status, take messages, update pertinent information, make system changes, maintain telephone logs on telephone/technical/pager and television problems.
- Record and report telephone related problems to management.
- Ability to perform simultaneous tasks and execute appropriate judgment under sometimes hectic and stressful circumstances.
- Capable utilization of numerous on-call schedules.
- Process calls regarding "Interpreter Services" following established procedures.
- Respond to and process TDD calls.
- Act as Security Dispatch and Patient Information during off-hours.
- Recognize system problems, failures and be familiar with "back-up system and the procedural follow-up.
- Work without direct supervision, exert excellent judgment based on sound logic and adhere to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional, pleasant and helpful manner. Communicate in a warm and courteous manner.
- Anticipate customer needs and be flexible in responding to them.
- Monitor all alarms and respond/report according to Hospital procedures.
- Reports immediately to the Director, any deviation of normal operation
- Reports immediately to the Director of any unusual occurrences related to patients, staff or general public.
- Reports all incidents and/or breeches of procedures to the Director.
- Is accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of the all Hospital related, staff related and patient related data and information.
- Is accountable for abiding by all relevant Hospital policies and procedures.
- Is accountable for accurately recording/reporting all technical information relative to codes, etc.
- Is accountable for observing all policies and procedures of the department and the Hospital.
- Performs related duties as needed and occasionally assists in special projects as needed.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all hospital staff and the general public in a professional manner.
- Performs telecommunications functions without requiring constant supervisor.
- Ability to speak clearly and precisely.
- Is accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all Hospital related, staff related and patient related data and information.
- Flexibility in a fast paced hectic environment.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One year experience in a business or medical related field with heavy telephone usage. Ideally would have performed operator or call center duties. Customer service experience is required.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message
Please note, Carney Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.