Community Health Eligibility & Enrollme
Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 3/23/2022
This position provides Medicaid enrollment support and financial assistance services for community-based individuals.
- Screen and assist with all steps of the Medicaid and Charity Care enrollment process.
- Make follow-up phone calls and home visits or visits to other appropriate settings (e.g., community-based organizations) to explain the Medicaid enrollment process and to enroll individuals in appropriate services such as health insurance
- Ensure timely submission of Medicaid or Charity application based off program guidelines
- Gather, verify, evaluate, and enter necessary social, financial, and medical information into various applications
- Outreach to individuals to determine Medicaid eligibility and continuing eligibility for income maintenance programs related to medical services
- Utilizes tools to estimate patient financial obligations, including copays, deductibles, and coinsurance and then meeting with patients to discuss payment options.
- Work with hospital team staff to identify difficult-to-reach clients and provide strategies for reaching them
- Meets in-person with patients in Emergency Room, Inpatient Floors and Outpatient Clinics to explain patient financial responsibilities and collect/secure any out-of-pocket responsibility.
- Receives and maintains Certified Application, if applicable
- Meet or exceed daily standards for performance, accuracy, customer service, and quality
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of health insurance and reimbursement/billing required.
- Attention to detail, and advanced writing and presentation skills for communicating across a variety of stakeholders.
- Revenue Operations experience, including Patient Access, Registration, Scheduling and Financial Clearance.
- Experience level will also be a factor in lieu of educational requirements
- Bilingual; Spanish-speaking preferred.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree preferred.
- Experience (Type & Length): 3-5 years’ relevant work experience required.
Other: Bilingual; Spanish-speaking preferred