Community Health Eligibility & Enrollme
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
This position provides Medicaid enrollment support and financial assistance services for community-based individuals. KEY
• Screen and assist with all steps of the Medicaid and Charity Care enrollment process.
• Make follow-up phone calls and home visits or visits to other appropriate settings (e.g., community-based organizations) to explain the Medicaid enrollment process and to enroll individuals in appropriate services such as health insurance
• Ensure timely submission of Medicaid or Charity application based off program guidelines
• Gather, verify, evaluate, and enter necessary social, financial, and medical information into various applications
• Outreach to individuals to determine Medicaid eligibility and continuing eligibility for income maintenance programs related to medical services
• Utilizes tools to estimate patient financial obligations, including copays, deductibles, and coinsurance and then meeting with patients to discuss payment options.
• Work with hospital team staff to identify difficult-to-reach clients and provide strategies for reaching them
• Meets in-person with patients in Emergency Room, Inpatient Floors and Outpatient Clinics to explain patient financial responsibilities and collect/secure any out-of-pocket responsibility.
• Receives and maintains Certified Application Counselor (CAC) certification, if applicable.
• Meet or exceed daily standards for performance, accuracy, customer service, and quality • Performs other duties as assigned. REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Excellent customer service and communication skills • Ability to discuss and collect patient financial responsibility
• Ability to work within various environments including: Emergency Dept, Central Reg, Bedside Reg, etc.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task
• Revenue Cycle Management experience, including Patient Access and/or Financial Clearance.
• Knowledge of health insurance guidelines
• Bilingual; Spanish-speaking preferred
I. Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Required. Associates Degree preferred.
II. Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience required, 3-5 years preferred
III. Certification/Licensure: CAC Certification, if applicable IV. Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office and/or Medical Systems (e.g., Meditech)
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 124902