Steward Health Choice Utah is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
Steward Health Choice Utah believes in a personal approach to health care right in your community. We built our health care plan around you. Our goal is to give you quality health care, programs, and services to support you on your path to wellness.
Steward Health Choice Utah provides exceptional customer service and culturally competent care through:
- Compassionate and responsive member services team
- Collaboration with community physicians to help members get the health care they need.
- Providing culturally competent health care, including extensive translation and interpretation services
- Health programs to help members and their families stay healthy
Position Purpose: The Computer Operator is responsible for uploading and downloading files and transmitting them to various destinations for both internal departments and for external vendors. These include but are not limited to, claim/ECR files, check runs, eligibility files, pharmacy files, and electronic provider network directories.
- Run queries, print results, and deliver accurate reports and files to internal departments and to external recipients and vendors by the deadlines
- Review files and reports for errors. Identify and distribute errors to the appropriate staff to help facilitate resolution.
- Execute processes and run tasks and jobs. Review job run errors and submit to developers for correction.
- Download/upload encrypted files over a secure Virtual Private Network onto or from the Health Choice network
- Flexible work hours, including the ability to run jobs on a Monday thru Friday basis and throughout the day (e.g., 6:00am, 10:00am, 3:00pm, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
Years of Experience:
- 1 or more years of experience in a health care field is preferred
- Medicaid and/or Medicare experience is preferred
- Previous experience with computers is required
- Effective time management skills
- Well organized with an attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work tasks to adhere to deadlines and identified time frames
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL is preferred
- AS400 knowledge is preferred
- Understand scheduling and monitoring of computer tasks and jobs
- Comfortable with use of SSRS reports
- Ability to work in the office and/or remotely with minimal supervision
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows applications is preferred
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Work cooperatively, positively, and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Adaptable to a dynamic environment
- Ability to produce under stressful situations
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.