Constant Observer - Safe Sitter - Full Time
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
The Constant Observer will observe and sit with patients who need constant attention for their safety.
- Under the direct supervision of the registered nurse, provides constant observation to patients who are either suicidal or have behavioral management issues placed on constant observation.
- Alerts the nurse if there is a change in a patient's behavior or a response that the observer is concerned about.
- Reviews the observation care plan for the patient with the nurse at the beginning of each shift.
- Able to observe more than one person in a room, if clinically indicated by the nurse.
- May assist the patient in routine activities of daily living under the direction of the nurse, i.e. feeding, bathing, ambulating, grooming, etc. consistent with observer's training and competencies.
• Courteous, respectful and responsive in interactions with others.
• Satisfactorily completes employee orientation.
• Responsible, reliable and conscientious approach to work assignments.
• Speaks and understands English language.
• Is able to visually observe and physically able to escort patients.
• BLS through the American Heart Association required.
• High School diploma preferred but no required.
• CNA license in the state of Massachusetts preferred.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 128253