Constant Observer - Safe Sitter - Part Time
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Constant Observer will observe and sit with patients who need constant attention for their safety.
Part Time 24 Hours Per Week
Shift: 3 pm to 11:30 pm
- Under the direct supervision of the registered nurse, provides constant observation to patients who are either suicidal or have behavioral management issues placed on constant observation.
- Alerts the nurse if there is a change in a patient's behavior or a response that the observer is concerned about.
- Reviews the observation care plan for the patient with the nurse at the beginning of each shift.
- Able to observe more than one person in a room, if clinically indicated by the nurse.
- May assist the patient in routine activities of daily living under the direction of the nurse, i.e. feeding, bathing, ambulating, grooming, etc. consistent with observer's training and competencies.
• Courteous, respectful and responsive in interactions with others.
• Satisfactorily completes employee orientation.
• Responsible, reliable and conscientious approach to work assignments.
• Speaks and understands English language.
• Is able to visually observe and physically able to escort patients.
• BLS through the American Heart Association required.
• High School diploma preferred but no required.
• CNA license in the state of Massachusetts preferred.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.