Responsible for the coordination of the activities of the Accounting Department including general accounting, payroll, accounts payable, budgeting and reimbursement. Responsible for accurate, timely reporting of financial and statistical information to senior management and corporate. Provide financial advice to the Management Team to achieve the overall institutional objectives. Responsible for the preservation of hospital assets.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, Major in Accounting; CPA preferred
- Computer proficient
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, knowledgeable of the fundamentals of hospital organization, administration and finance
- Familiar with standards and regulations applicable to hospitals
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 839 805community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
• A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
• Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
• A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".
Unit Secretary - Neuro ICU - Full Time - Nights
Responsible for performing general secretarial and clerical duties in the Neuro ICU Unit. Interacts with patients, families and physicians on a daily basis. Assists the nursing staff in coordinating the activity of the unit. Oversees the orderliness of nurses’ desk areas and forms and other clerical supplies.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Strong computer and typing skills, working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to assess/ detect changes in human physiological condition.
- Ability to perform effectively in fast-paced, stressful environment.